Lisbon Airport parking – park low-cost at Lisbon Portela Airport (LIS)
With rates starting from 5 EUR per day, parking at Lisbon Airport (also referred to as Portela Airport) can be a rather inexpensive affair, especially if, as a resident or tourist, you are based outside of Lisbon city centre.
For example, the average cost of a taxi ride from the furthest point the “expats riviera”, Cascais to Lisbon Airport is 40 EUR, one way. Multiply it by two and the cost of leaving your own vehicle at the airport for even a week seems actually quite a reasonable solution (provided that you opt for the cheapest option, of course). Not to mention the comfort of not having to rely on other people to get you to the airport and back.
The obvious disadvantage of airport parking is the distance to cover between the parking and the terminal, sometimes with heavy luggage and non-cooperative co-travellers. This discomfort can be eased depending on how much you are willing to cash out and how early in advance you book the airport parking in Lisbon.
Below, we describe the available options for Lisbon Airport long-term parking (as per early 2015)
Lisbon Airport parking
Parking facilities of Lisbon Airport spread on a very vast area:
- P1 – Premium car park Lisbon Airport: the covered P1 parking area is located right next to the terminal building, allowing direct access to the departures hall (upon a 2 minutes walk).
- P2 – Executive car park Lisbon Airport: this, covered, parking area of Lisbon Airport is adjacent to the arrivals hall and perfect if you are in a hurry to drive off the airport after your arrival; it takes approximately 3 minutes to reach P2 parking from the arrivals terminal, on foot.
- P6 – Classic car park Lisbon Airport: the cheapest of covered parking areas of Lisbon Airport is located slightly away from the terminal, however still within a fairly short walk (approx. 4 minutes) form the arrivals hall. P6 offers also uncovered parking space.
- P3 – Low Cost Plus parking Lisbon Airport: this open air parking area is located within a 5 minutes walk distance from the arrivals hall of Lisbon Airport. Frequent shuttle bus connecting the car park to the terminal is provided, free of charge.
- P5 – Low Cost parking Lisbon Airport: the cheapest option available, the P5 parking zone is located the furthest from the airport, approx. 8 minutes on foot. Walking from P5 to the terminal is possible, however, not recommended, as it requires crossing busy airport access roads. Courtesy shuttle allows to get from P5 parking area to the terminal in around 10 minutes. P5 is an open air parking.
Lisbon Airport parking rates
The price of long term parking at Lisbon Airport depends on several factors, amongst them the proximity of the parking are to the terminal and the duration of parking – the daily rate for say week-long parking is higher, than when using the airport parking for much longer period.
Also, the price of the airport parking depends on availability, especially during the busiest periods for travellers, for example in the summer or around Christmas time. In most cases it pays off to book your Lisbon Airport parking well in advance.
For a large part of the year the lowest rates for Lisbon Airport parking are advertised from 5 euro per day, however, rates of 4 euros per day are not unseen during low-season. That is, if you opt for the low-cost parking. The cost of parking closer to the airport might be significantly higher. Premium parking – a covered parking space, just by the exit from the arrivals hall, in the P1 parking zone may cost you even ten times more than the cheapest option.
Use the calculator provided on the official Lisbon Airport car park operator website, to get quotes and choose the option which best fits your budget.
How to book Lisbon Airport parking?
Lisbon Airport parking is available to book online via dedicated page on the website of the Portuguese airport authority – ANA Aeroportos de Portugal. Click here to book Lisbon Airport parking.
After booking the desired parking option online (fully pre-paid via credit card), the customer receives by email a booking confirmation/voucher which contains a bar code to be scanned upon the entry to the parking area and later on, when leaving the parking.
Please note that P5 (low-cost) is the only of Lisbon Airport parking areas requiring a previous online booking. Unlike the other parking areas of the airport, P5 car park can only be accessed based on the booking confirmation.
Valet parking Lisbon Airport
At an additional cost of 10 euros, Lisbon airport makes available a valet parking service for the customers. Head towards an exclusive Valetxpress zone in P1 parking area and hand your vehicle to be safely parked by Valetxpress staff.